BROAD FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
The Senior Manager Shopper Marketing is charged with creating demand in-store by developing insight-based Shopper Marketing programs that influence shopper behavior and stimulates Category/store demand. They work closely with Customer, Brand and Insight teams to develop and deliver integrated Customer Business plans. The Senior Manager Shopper Marketing is instrumental in ensuring strategic alignment between the Shopper, Consumer, Company and Customer objectives for assigned customers and categories.
CONTINUING RESPONSIBILITIES IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE:
• Shopper Marketing-Development & Execution (65%)
o Leads the development of shopper marketing strategies and plans that link to strong shopper insights, Del Monte objectives and Customer strategies. Successfully drives programs that drive profitable business growth for Del Monte and Customer. Collaborates with Sales team to identify opportunities and develop strategies that meet customer and business growth expectations.
o Works with the BU’s as part of the Annual Planning process to develop key Shopper Marketing objectives, strategies and budgets.
o Manages the implementation of plans and integrated programs with the Customer teams and Agency.
o Effectively provides strategic direction to agency partners via briefs, plan and provides creative feedback.
o Develops strong relationship with agencies, vendors, marketing partners and cross-functional partners to ensure high quality work and success of programs.
o Develops and presents presentations on programs, results etc. at QBR’s and other opportunities
o Develops understanding of program effectiveness and efficiency by analyzing completed events. Develop customer scorecard to track and improve results.
o Must be able to multi-task and work in a highly matrixed environment.
• Insight & Strategy Development (10%)
o Partners closely with insights teams (Consumer & Customer) to integrate syndicated, proprietary and custom research and analyses into Shopper Marketing plans.
o Aligns shopper insights, as appropriate, with Agencies and other partners to develop highly targeted plans.
• Customer Planning (10%)
o Understand customer objectives, planning needs and timelines. Builds relationships with Customer teams and Customer Marketing departments.
o Presents plans and programs to customers to gain input and support
• P&L Management & Analysis (10%)
o Provide leadership in driving for efficiency improvement of all shopper marketing investments.
o Conduct/coordinate analytical support to improve ROI, program results. Shares out results with partners (BU and Sales) based on analytical results and longer term equity and customer measures.
o Develop and manage SM budgets
• Functional Leadership (5%)
o Contributes to the SM Strategy and the development of SM function at Del Monte
- Undergraduate degree – Marketing or Business
- MBA or Masters in Marketing (preferred)
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- 5-8 years of CPG Consumer Marketing, including Shopper Marketing.
- 1+ year Sales related experience a “Plus”
1. Strategic/Analytical Thinking: Must be a strategic thinker, able to delve into details and ladder up to the “big picture”. Must be able to structure problem solving and test hypotheses independently. Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, particularly experience understanding and interpreting financials (P&Ls, ROI analysis, volume and spending projections).
2. Sales/Customer Acumen: Must have strong understanding of customers, sales execution and the selling process.
3. Communications: Must demonstrate excellent communication skills in both written and oral formats for a wide range of audiences. Strong writing skills and the ability to provide strong rationales for courses of action will be required. Incumbent will need to exercise effective influencing skills in working cross-functionally.
4. Leadership: Demonstrated experience leading cross functional teams across many levels in an organization towards an objective. Shown ability in working in a matrixed environment is key, as many projects will touch stakeholders across the Company.
5. Results Oriented: Demonstrated track record of driving programs to the finish line. The incumbent will need to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to overcome challenges and unknown obstacles and still deliver projects in scope and on time.
6. Planning & Organization: Demonstrated capacity to manage multiple priorities and multi-task in a high paced environment.
7. People Management: Able to lead, motivate and develop direct reports and/or cross-functional partners.
8. Additional: Incumbent should be pro-active, collaborative, creative, energetic and passionate about the potential of any opportunity, and eager to seek out those opportunities to drive change.
- National Account Executive December 5, 2013
- Manager - Display Development and Purchasing at L'Oreal November 8, 2013