For 140 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Southern Comfort, Finlandia, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Canadian Mist, Korbel, Gentleman Jack, el Jimador, Tequila Herradura, Sonoma-Cutrer, Chambord, New Mix, Tuaca and Woodford Reserve. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,000 employees and sold in approximately 135 countries worldwide. For more information about the company, please visit www.Brown-Forman.com.
Reports To: Director, Customer & Channel Marketing
Direct Reports: 3 Shopper Insights Analysts/Managers
Partners with: Customer Marketing, National Retail, Category Management, and Division operations teams.
Scope: Manage Shopper research and insight generation specific to channels and key strategic customers in the U.S. Oversee a team of 4 dedicated shopper insights professionals focused upon key channels and customers. Share applicable insights and learning across the NAR (North American Region) organization and consumer planning teams as appropriate.
- Manages the region’s development of robust shopper insight research to position Brown-Forman as a strategic partner with key national retail customers
- Ensures that shopper research, learning, and application of insights are appropriately shared across NAR sales and marketing as well as with corporate partners
- Prioritizes and directs custom shopper research in the off and on-premise trade channels
- Lead advancement of our understanding of shopper attitudes, motivations, and behavior in both on-premise and off-premise channels. Lead exploration of consumer decision-making processes to guide our brand-building initiatives at the point of purchase, as well as our strategic decisions on brand/channel fit, identification of target consumers, etc.
- Work with Channel Directors and Customer Marketing to drive insights into shopper’s beverage buying attitudes and behavior within a specific channel into our programs and initiatives.
- Undertake projects that lead to the organizations greater understanding of efficacy of promotional material and key influencers to the buying occasion at the point of purchase
- Partner with Customer Marketing Managers to present insights to key chain customers as a way of increasing the B-F value to the customer.
- Partner with data strategy in understanding, acquiring, and applying customer sales information to enable customer teams to efficiently and effectively manage their business
- Includes customer and/or channel portals
- Includes shopper card data and insights
- A Bachelors Degree and 10+ years of sales & marketing experience or Masters Degree in Management, Marketing, or research and 5 years of experience
- Proven ability to understand the basics of research and data sources as critical tools for insight generation. Capable of understanding various methodologies and data sources and their appropriateness for applying to a particular business issue.
- Ability to take information and prioritize what is important, then synthesize and analyze to determine the essential, actionable message. Concisely communicate it with appropriate audiences.
- The ability to identify problems, analyze relevant data, think critically, generate alternatives, and select appropriate solutions. Ability to think rationally and logically, recognize and test assumptions. Move to problem resolution by identifying facts, causes and issues and present solutions.
- The ability to develop, maintain and strengthen relationships with others – inside NAR, Marketing, and Consumr Planning as well as outside the organization. Builds rapport and cultivates collaborative working relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to operate very effectively in a collaborative, matrix environment
- Strong verbal and written communicator who can create clear images through words
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and concisely across regional, functional, and cultural boundaries.
- Ability to set priorities and maintain them. This role requires someone who is able to manage many projects simultaneously.
- Project management skills – the candidate must demonstrate ability to successfully manage projects end-to-end.
- Independent thinking that demonstrates commitment for your ideas. Willingness to take risks.
To apply, visit www.brown-forman.com/careers.
- Consumer Brand Manager, Licensed Brands (Paula Deen, Farberware) May 9, 2013
- Brand Manager/Shopper Marketing May 2, 2013
- E-Commerce Shopper Marketing Manager at Kimberly Clark May 2, 2013
- Web Developer April 8, 2013
- Creative Director April 5, 2013