As a strategic partner, The Carlson Group incubates, builds and sustains smart custom programs that deliver value across consumer retail experiences.
Scope: Retail environments, custom fixture solutions, shop-in-shop, POP, graphics and signage.
Clients: World’s top brands and retailers including Nike, adidas, Sony, Sephora, The North Face, Under Armour and Dick’s Sporting Goods.
Web site: www.carlsongroupinc.com
- USA: HQ—Chicago; 350 E. 22nd Street, Lombard, IL
- Additional offices: Portland, OR; Los Angeles, CA
- China: Shanghai
Culture: Entrepreneurial in nature, boutique in style, we currently look to broaden our leadership efforts by hiring a Director of Production.
Key dynamics of the role: Leading & managing the production department to TCG standards through coaching, performance monitoring & compliance assurance within an “outsourcing model” enterprise.
- Assign job #s & personnel to projects
- Maintain production reporting metrics including project list, master calendar, performance statistics & margin & delivery performance
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT & EXECUTION:
- Provide department stewardship and vendor management to ensure successful execution, margin goal and on-time delivery
- Set-up & monitor performance standards
- Conduct annual evaluations with primary vendors
- Serve as lead in disputes & fiduciary decisions
- Assist PM’s in pricing negotiations
- Research new vendors domestically and offshore
- Staff leadership, coaching & motivation
- Staff meetings
- Department metrics
- 360 degree communication & reporting standards
- IMPACT QC workflow, form & tools
- Job design & descriptions
- Performance reviews
- Hiring, disciplinary actions, & firing
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Strong leadership skills with a strategic orientation
- Managed high volume production revenue
- Minimum of 5 direct reports
- Experience in managing outsourcing model, Minimum 50-50 domestic/off-shore production mix
- Minimum of five years experience in the permanent point of purchase/retail fixture/in-store merchandising industries.
- Technical understanding of materials, finishes, and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of formal quality control/manufacturing improvement model(s) [Six Sigma, ISO 9001, Lean, etc.]
The Carlson Group is always looking for great people with the potential to become great employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
If you’re interested in working for us send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.